Saturday, March 31, 2012

Fitness Friday Week 3 Review

I can't believe it has already been 3 weeks since I started this challenge for myself! I am happy to report that I worked out 5 out of 7 days last week.  My goal is 6 of 7, but I think 5 of 7 is still pretty good.  I am finding that I like using Jillian Michael's dvd the most.  The 10 minute trainers are good, but I feel like Jillian has a more challenging workout.  P90X is also good, but just longer.  Still it is nice to have them all just to give myself some variety.  I also had a goal to eat dessert only twice this week, which I succeeded in doing!  Physically, I notice a difference in my general energy level and ability to keep up with the workout videos.  I really like feeling like I am finally back in the groove of working out.  It is still hard to get motivated sometimes, but blogging about it really helps!  To anyone who is trying to get motivated to start working out again, go ahead and go for it!  I realized that, no matter when I decided to start, I would always feel like I was too busy or too tired to do it.  Therefore, there is no ideal time to start.  I just had to choose it and follow through.  Easier said than done, I know.  I can honestly say though, that this blog has been SUCH a help in finding motivation.  I want to be able to say that I met my goal each week!  I have the same goals for next week: working out 6 of 7 days and eating desserts two times or fewer.  I am also adding: eat more fruits and veggies throughout the day.  I have been noticing that I eat a lot of carbohydrates.  Though they are mostly healthy carbs, I think the proportion of them that I eat compared to other food groups is not ideal.  So, I figure filling myself up with more fruits and veggies will help decrease my carb intake.

1 comment:

  1. Way to go, Holly! I am soooo proud of you. And also very inspired!

    ReplyDelete