Sunday, July 28, 2013

Whoa Baby! 32 weeks!

Here I am at 32 weeks, looking more like I am about to give birth than that I have a good 5-6 weeks (we hope!) left.  In fact, every time I go somewhere out of the house, people comment on how big I am looking and ask when I am due (assuming I will say any day now).  It is a little annoying to have to constantly answer those questions, but I understand that I look bigger than normal. 

I have been feeling more and more uncomfortable, mostly because of digestive/stomach issues.  I already have IBS, and so being this pregnant plus being unable to engage in vigorous physical activity kind of exacerbates all of those issues.  I am not really sleeping well.  Getting up to empty my bladder every 2 hrs or so plus stomach issues keep me awake a lot.  When I am not having these issues though, I feel pretty good.  I am just pretty slow getting around.  I was walking into the grocery store the other day, and a man looked at me sympathetically and asked, "How are you doing today?"  I think he could tell I was having trouble just making it across the parking lot.  I am imagining that the next few weeks for me will hold fewer and fewer outings and activities.

As far as doctor appointments, things are still going well.  I found out I do NOT have gestational diabetes!  Praise the Lord!  My last appointment was at 30 weeks, and I got to see the babies on a sonogram.  They were both still head down (which explains why I feel most movement on my upper left side--all four feet are there!).  Baby A weighed 3 lb. 6 oz. and Baby B weighed 3 lb. 2 oz.  They are in the 37th and 43rd percentiles for weight, so they are pretty normal size.  My doctor said my cervix is starting to thin a little because one baby's head is right on it, but the cerclage is holding it all together well still.  He didn't seem too concerned.  I have another appointment in a week, and then after that, I will see him every week AND have a sonogram every week. 

It is funny how differently you approach pregnancy and getting ready for baby after you have had one (or more!) already.  There are still some things we need to buy (most importantly, a carseat! so we can take both babies home!) and we still haven't really figured out the whole sleeping situation and when we will transition the babies to a bedroom and have the older girls share a room.  We still need a second crib (maybe?) I still haven't bought more cloth diapers.  I haven't gone through any of the baby stuff/breast pump stuff to wash it and see what we might need more of.  Basically, I haven't done anything!  And the babies really could come any time now.  But I am not too stressed out about it.  Honestly, I have been more concerned about getting our household projects and garage sale preparation completed than anything.  And then taking care of Sally and Sophie all day kind of gets in the way of any organizing/preparing for the babies.  We did have some very nice things lent to us from a friend who has 9 month old twins, which I am SO thankful for.  It will all come together when it needs to, I am sure.

If you think to pray for us, pray that the babies and I will continue to be healthy and that the babies will go full term.  Also, pray for our financial situation as we sort out how to pay for all our insurance deductibles.

7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh! You are so CUTE! The rest of you never changes. pretty hair. pretty smile. petite figure. Just that cute belly of yours getting bigger and bigger! haha. I always worry about elevator doors for tiny women with very pregnant tummies-- be sure to stand way back! Bless your heart--you must feel like you're going to pop! Guess you can't see your feet these days. I will paint your toenails when I come if you haven't delivered yet. You must be very tired and uncomfortable these days, and will be more so I guess when Ryan heads back to his teaching job. Let me know when you want me to come. I can come anytime now. Are your friends there giving you a baby shower? I love you! So thankful you and the babies are all having a healthy, normal pregnancy! Praying for a safe, healthy, normal delivery now with no complications and healthy, happy babies who LOVE to sleep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mama! I got to get a pedicure the other day, which was really nice. I won't need you to come unless the babies are about to be born or I have to go on bedrest. I can't wait for you to get here!!

      Delete
  3. Holly! I enjoyed reading your blog... I love how open and honest you are:) I agree with you... things DO come together in time, and it's our job to trust God and RELAX!! Thank you for your friendship, Love, Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. SO exciting Holly! You do look great! So grateful you are to 32 weeks. We moved Bess and Kate into the same room together about 2 weeks ago. They are loving it, although getting a little less sleep. So cute to hear them chatting in the dark. I would give anything to hear what they are talking about.
    God bless you all in the weeks to come.
    Scott

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Scott! How fun for Bess and Kate. Sophie and Sally will be in one room before long, and I am kind of dreading it :( Maybe they will do alright. We'll see. It is so sweet that Kate and Bess have each other, and that my girls will all have a "buddy" close to their age. There is nothing like a sister to share life with.

      Delete