Monday, July 15, 2013

Bathroom Renovations

We are SO excited to finally be done with our bathroom.  There are a few little details we need to finish up.  But, for all practical purposes, it is done!  All we need to do is add a row of rectangular tiles to the top of the shower (just like the ones that line the side).  They didn't have enough in stock when we first tiled.   We also need to caulk in a few places and touch up some paint.

My parents were SO generous to come and spend a week here to help us.  My dad and Ryan worked on the bathroom, and my mom landscaped our front flower beds (will do a separate post for that) and helped me with the girls.  Not only did they offer their manual labor, but they also funded the cost of all our renovations!  Wow!  We had planned on doing it anyway, but when they offered to pay for it, we were blown away and so thankful.

The before pictures of the bathroom really give you an idea of what the whole house was like before we fixed it up.  They are almost embarrassing to share, but they really make the new bathroom seem like a MAJOR upgrade (which it is).














 


I just love how clean and bright it feels.  All total, it took us three weeks to finish.  The first week, they worked pretty much nonstop.  The second and third week, we took our time a little more.  We have learned that projects always take 2-3 times longer than you think.   My dad helped us with some major plumbing stuff that we wouldn't have been able to do on our own, and my handy husband was able to deal with some pretty irritating plumbing issues under the sink all on his own!  I am so proud of him for learning as he goes with all our household projects. 







5 comments:

  1. You have done an amazing job! It looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a transformation! You should enter this to some magazines or TV shows on room makeovers! Ryan did such a great job finishing it out! And I was a little worried about the the countertop, tiles, and floor surfaces coordinating well, but they all work together beautifully! I love the white bead board and and the blue paint. Just gorgeous. Maybe the girls will want to pee pee and poo poo in the potty more often now, since it is such a lovely room to be in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks to you for making it happen! I love how everything coordinates too. I wasn't sure about it, but now I LOVE the countertop. It ties the floor and the tile together.

      Delete
  3. Wonderful! Great job! Really love the blue paint! BTW, any expertise that I was able to lend to the project came from a school called Learn As You Go. So proud of you guys!

    ReplyDelete