Tuesday, August 27, 2013

36 weeks. . . and still pregnant!

I have mixed feelings about being pregnant at this point.  Obviously, the overwhelming emotion is gratitude to God for such a healthy and long twin pregnancy.  However, I am EXTREMELY uncomfortable, and ready for these babies to come on out!

My mom got here this past week, and she has been a tremendous help already.  It is so nice to get to visit with her and enjoy her company for a little while without the chaos of having twins around too.  She will be here till September 11th, so the little ones better show up before then!

I had a doctor's appointment today, and everything still looks great.  My cervix is still 80-90% effaced, and I am now dilated about 1.5 cm.  I have gained about 33 lbs. so far.  Babies are still growing well.  Baby A is 6 lb. 5 oz.  Baby B is 5 lb. 12 oz.  I will have my cerclage removed next week, so I am hoping that if they haven't come by then, that the cerclage removal will help get things going.

I am feeling uncomfortable almost all the time.  It hurts to sit too long or stand too long.   I am not sure how my feet could possibly be more swollen.  By the end of the day, I feel like I am walking on balloons that are about to pop.  I still have a hard time sleeping, and wake up usually every hour or two.  Some nights, I have to come sit on the couch and be completely upright in order to be comfortable.  I can't sleep in a recliner because even that is really painful.  I usually just sit there and then realize I have fallen asleep still mostly sitting up and then try to go lay back down in bed to see if that will be comfortable again or maybe I will just be too tired to notice my discomfort laying down.  For whatever reason, my joints get really stiff and painful at night, so when I get up, my hips literally have to "pop" back into socket before I can walk or turn over or anything.  When they pop back into place it is really painful.  Ryan said he woke up one morning and watched me as I tried to turn over in a half asleep state.  He said it took me about a minute and a half to just turn over and that I was making faces and noises of pain that he hadn't seen since I was in labor with Sally!  Ha!

It sounds like I am complaining a lot, but this is just the reality of my daily life!  I really am so thankful that my mom is here because during the day, when normally I would be solely responsible for the girls, she is making it possible for me to take naps and just rest in general when I need to as well as get some "nesting" tasks done.

The next post I do will hopefully be when the babies are born!  Hard to believe!  If I am still pregnant at 39 weeks, I will do one more post like this.  I sure hope I don't have to though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment