Monday, May 6, 2013

And the twins are GIRLS!

In honor of our twin GIRLS, I am writing this post in pink!  Sorry if it is hard on your eyes! We are so excited to be having more girls!   I was hoping for girls anyway, and Ryan was just as happy either way.  I was planning on waiting until Wednesday to share, but Ryan accidentally spilled the beans too soon on fb, so I decided to go ahead and share as well.

It is funny--most people's reaction is, "Aww, I bet you were hoping for boys."  Quite the contrary!  I am sure boys are awesome, but I think that God gives you whatever He gives you for a reason.  He thinks we would be great parents to two more girls, and he has also given me a desire for them!  How perfect.  People especially assume that Ryan was hoping for boys, but not all guys have a strong desire to have boys.   Ryan said he would like to see what boys are like, but he knows he loves girls and that he will love having more of them.

My ultrasound was totally normal.  Both babies are growing right on target for their due date.  Baby A is 12 oz. and Baby B is 11 oz.  Baby A is head down right now, and Baby B is the opposite.  In all the pictures of them, we kept seeing the other little one's feet kicking around by her sister's head.  We are so thankful for a healthy pregnancy so far and healthy babies.

4 comments:

  1. Congrats to all of you! Well, at least you know that you will have am unending supply of clothes! So happy A and B are healthy. Scott

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Thanks to you guys, we are well-stocked on clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I knew you all would be happy no matter what! I jokingly told your mom that I "hoped" they would be boys only because I can't IMAGINE twin toddler boys!! Lol! And yes, it will be SO much easier as far as clothes, rooms, furniture, sports, etc. goes. I still don't know what to do with Freddy- he is SO different than Audrey. He has been getting very jealous lately of Audrey's extra-curricular activities, but I don't know what to do with him! Between his age and his personality and my lack of time, I'm in a pickle with him. Anyhow, I forgot this is a comment and not an email - I'm so happy to hear the little bits are healthy and doing well in there. Call me this week if you are free! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brendon is one of those who would love to be an all girl dad, so I hear ya! I think he's the one that told me y'all were having girls! ;) Congrats my friend!

    ReplyDelete