Monday, April 22, 2013

Pregnancy Update: 18 weeks

Things are coming right along!  I am definitely growing.  I have gained around 8 pounds so far. Today at the doctor's office, he told me I am measuring a month ahead of my actual gestational age.  However, when he measured me, he said, "Perfect!"  I asked if my measurements were good, bad, or normal for twin pregnancies.  He said both normal and bad!  Haha!  He didn't mean bad as in dangerous, per se.  He just meant I will be that much more uncomfortable that much sooner.  Actually he told me these next 2 weeks would be my last good ones, as in comfortable.  He said he was exaggerating slightly, but not too much.  I kind of believe him though, since I am already feeling uncomfortable doing normal activities: bending, walking a lot, lifting my legs to get in and out of bed (having a lot of stretching and tendon pain).  He also said, "No amount of rest you take should be considered laziness.  In fact, you should rest more than you think you need to."  I do feel very worn out after a good amount of activity, and I take resting very seriously!  Anyone who knows me knows I love naps!

The babies are both growing well, and we will find out in two weeks their gender for sure and their exact measurements.  I have been praying they would both grow well and at the same rate.  We are going to have a gender reveal cake the Wednesday after that appt. to announce to our small group what the babies are, so I will do a post that night or the next day to announce it here.

My energy levels are still up, for the most part.  Like I said, I do get tired kind of quickly though.  I had some weird spurt of energy (early nesting?) last week and went on a cleaning rampage.  I did probably 10 loads of laundry in a couple of days (this includes folding and putting away), which is a true miracle for me.  I also scoured the bathroom tub.  These two chores are my least favorite, and I don't do them nearly as well or often as I should.  Something compelled me though, and I felt like I had conquered the world!  It motivated me to do all kinds of other tasks afterwards.

7 comments:

  1. Holly- love reading your updates! We are so excited for you guys! You look amazing! Love to you all!
    Jinna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holly- love reading your updates! We are so excited for you guys! You look amazing! Love to you all!
    Jinna

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so pretty, and yes, definitely looking pregnant. haha. So glad you are getting little burst of energy now. Enjoy it while you can, but don't over-do it. :-) Praying for your health and protection everyday. I love you. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait to find out what they are! I love babies!

    ReplyDelete